Fota Wildlife Park, one of Ireland’s top visitor attractions, with an average of over 460,000 visitors annually. An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual as Gates Supervisor to lead the Gates team has arisen.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- Manage all the Gates/Admissions/Box office functions in accordance with policy, procedure, marketing strategy and general good practice
- Ensure the Gates delivers the highest possible standard of customer service
- Line manage all aspects of the Gates staff team, including recruitment, training, rostering, and development.
- To manage the set-up of all tickets and products for sale at the Gates. Ensure that any communication regarding these is sent to the website/meridian/Web management as needed.
- Daily reconciliation of admission sales (cashing up/balancing tills), processing, logging, and organising annual pass and gift card sales
- To execute business objectives and manage the overall sales function of the Gates.
- Use Fota Wildlife Park’s Microsoft-based retail EPOS and CRM system to produce annual pass renewals other attendance or annual pass or sales reports.
- Business development: ability to identify, recognise and capitalize on key trends, visitor, and customer preferences, analyse sales and visitor number data to inform future Audience Development planning.
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets and other related KPIs.
- Liaising with the Finance Department to ensure exact and accurate financial settlements.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Gates/Admissions or Box Office management role or similar customer-facing management or supervisory role desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellence in customer service and to building good relationships with the customers, Gates team, senior management, and other key stakeholders
- Responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Strong commercial skills, experience in external partner and customer management.
- Strong leadership, delegation, and team management skills and ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong IT Skills with proven ability in managing complex systems – Essential
- Proficiency in creating and analysing reports
- Availability at weekends will be required in this visitor-facing role.