General Operative – Seasonal Fixed Term Role
Fota Wildlife Park has a vacancy for a General Operative. This is a full-time 9 month fixed term role for the parks busy season ahead and the person appointed will be required to assist in maintaining the Wildlife Park under the direction of the Operations Manager to a high standard and in the best possible manner for site visitors.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Spraying & Weed Control
- Gathering feed for animals
- Car Park Management
- Grass Cutting & Strimming
- Litter Collection
- Cleaning and Tidying
- Light Civil Works
- Tree Planting
- Shrub Planting
- Adhering to the companies’ policies and procedures in relation to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the quality of work is delivered to an excellent standard and that the work completed is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Competitive Salary
- General Hours are 9 –6.
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Uniform Support Scheme & Tax Incentive
- Training provided in the capacity of Manual Handling, Machinery Training and Health & Safety etc.
- Full Driving Licence
- B+E Licence preferable
- This role will involve the use of machinery and equipment and will include physical exertion (manual handling etc.) on a daily basis.
- The candidate will be required to work weekends and some bank holidays.
Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills, good general skills, be flexible and available to work full time including weekends and enjoy working outdoors and with animals. Previous experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Apply with CV and cover letter by completing the below form
For details on any other vacancies please see our Jobs page
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURES
DO YOU HAVE A FOTA ADVENTURE TO SHARE?
Keep up to date on the latest news and happenings from Fota Wildlife Park. Tag your social media photos with #FotaWildlife to share!