Vacancy for a Lead Commercial Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual as Lead Commercial Supervisor to lead both the Retail and Gates team.
Working with the Head of Marketing you will successfully implement the effective and efficient management and maximisation of commercial revenue streams across the Marketing function which include admissions/gates, retail, donations, animal sponsorships, events and experiences.
This role will manage the income and revenue budget for several revenue streams under the Marketing function which must be balanced with ensuring visitor satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- Responsibility for the Admissions and Retail departments at Fota Wildlife Park, with the Gates Supervisor and Retail Supervisor reporting directly to the Lead Commercial Supervisor.
- Effective and efficient implementation of the annual commercial business plan for Fota Wildlife Park under the Marketing Department, effectively and appropriately balancing revenue targets with visitor experience.
- Annual plan should include plans for commercial products (including category management, marketing, and sales promotion of commercial activities).
- Development of an annual sales plan for the admissions and retail team and to include initiatives to increase up sell and cross sell plus impulse purchase opportunities during and at key touch points of the defined customer journey.
- Agreeing to the KPIs for the below commercial areas
- Hospitality and Private Events
- On site commercial opportunities
- Play and interactive commercial opportunities
- 3rd party sponsorship
- Fota Wildlife Park commercial development opportunities
- Ownership of the commercial visitor journey for Fota Wildlife Park and implementation of commercial growth and development plans and the achievement of measurable success metrics.
- Lead on team recruitment, development and training including leadership on customer service training and initiatives for both the admissions and retail teams.
- Work with the Head of Marketing on launching a customer service training & monitoring programme with the team.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop and implement a CRM system linked to the EPOS/annual pass sales and a robust system of customer insight collation and through insight and consumer data, develop a deeper understanding of the customer base to influence commercial decisions that will benefit the business.
- Prior experience in Strategic Leadership and Operational management of commercial business activities preferably within retail sectors.
- Strong business acumen, able to discuss commercial performance verbally and in written reports.
- Customer centric focus.
- Commercially literate and proficient in the use of management information reporting and business case creation.
- Strong negotiation skills and contract management.
- Confident professional manner and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams and at a senior level as representative of commercial functions.
- Effective and proactive day to day management & communication to staff as well as effective communication to line managers on operational and strategic plans, performance and recommendations.
Please apply by completing the below form with CV and Cover Letter.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th of December 2021
For details on any other vacancies please see our Jobs page
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURES
DO YOU HAVE A FOTA ADVENTURE TO SHARE?
Keep up to date on the latest news and happenings from Fota Wildlife Park. Tag your social media photos with #FotaWildlife to share!