Vacancy for a Receptionist at Fota Wildlife Park
Fota Wildlife Park a not-for-profit organisation, is part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, and is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Cork City. Fota Wildlife Park has an annual attendance of 465,000 visitors.
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education, research, and entertainment have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 8 years upgrading its infrastructure and developing 27 acres of additional land that focuses on Asian animals including Sumatran tiger, Indian rhino and Asiatic lions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a receptionist to manage the main reception area at Fota Wildlife Park.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- Managing all in-coming calls from the public, answering queries & directing all appropriate calls to the appropriate department.
- Responsible for managing all incoming emails that come through the Parks main information email address.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors that enter the reception area.
- Responsible for all post including sorting & distribution.
- Manage the Fota Wildlife work experience programme which includes maintaining and managing work experience applications.
- Responsible for managing all office radio correspondence between the office and the other departments in the park.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, including but not limited to stationery & janitorial for animal & public areas and raise POs as required.
- Administrative support to Senior Management team as required.
- Animal Record data entry.
- Manage and maintain AAA programme.
- Manage any Non-Educational Tour Bookings where necessary.
- Manage gates desk in absence of staff member where necessary including station gates call entry.
- Other ad-hoc administration duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation & strong IT system skills.
- Confident with technology and IT Packages eg- word, excel and outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a busy environment and prioritise accordingly.
- A courteous and pleasant manner with a positive and flexible approach to work.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
Fota Wildlife Park is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for team members who share that same value.
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURES
DO YOU HAVE A FOTA ADVENTURE TO SHARE?
Keep up to date on the latest news and happenings from Fota Wildlife Park. Tag your social media photos with #FotaWildlife to share!