Vacancy for a Retail Supervisor at Fota Wildlife Park
Fota Wildlife Park a not-for-profit organisation, is part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, and is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Cork City. Fota Wildlife Park has an annual attendance of 465,000 visitors.
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education, research, and entertainment have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 8 years upgrading its infrastructure and developing 27 acres of additional land that focuses on Asian animals including Sumatran tiger, Indian rhino and Asiatic lions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual as Retail Supervisor to run the retail department and manage the retail team at Fota Wildlife Park.
In this lead position the successful candidate will run all areas of the Serengeti Gift Shop. This role will integrate strategically with the Marketing function including with the Admissions team and work to aid in developing customer insights and innovations.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- To manage the running of all areas of the Serengeti Gift Shop including The Kiosk, The Scoop Ice-cream Unit as well as back-office administration, rostering, training staff, efficient stock ordering and shop displays.
- Effectively deal with all aspects of managing and supervising the retail team.
- Assisting with analysis to make recommendations to management to support commercial decisions.
- Clear and effective communications with team, senior management, and suppliers.
- Visual Merchandising of the store.
- Key holder responsibility.
- To actively promote Fota Wildlife Park’s commitment of high standards of service, ethical purchasing, and promotion of sustainability in the product choice and POS displays.
- To drive sales ensuring targets and KPI’s are achieved such as Stock loss as well as reaching targets in Health and Safety compliance and Mystery Shopper results.
- To provide excellent customer service and act as a great role model for staff.
- A minimum of three years retail Supervisory/Management experience in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A keen eye for detail and strong merchandising skills.
- Experience in stock management and Epos systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the natural ability to motivate.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages and a working knowledge of retail computerised management and control systems.
- Must be available to work weekends
Apply via the form below:
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURES
DO YOU HAVE A FOTA ADVENTURE TO SHARE?
Keep up to date on the latest news and happenings from Fota Wildlife Park. Tag your social media photos with #FotaWildlife to share!