Vacancy for a Retail Supervisor at Fota Wildlife Park
Fota Wildlife Park, part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Cork City and has an annual attendance of 465,000 visitors.
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education, research and entertainment have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 8 years upgrading its infrastructure and developing 27 acres of additional land that focuses on Asian animals including Sumatran tiger, Indian rhino and Asiatic lions.
Fota Wildlife Park, one of Ireland’s top visitor attractions with an average of over 460,000 visitors annually. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual as Retail Supervisor to lead the retail team. This role will integrate strategically with the Marketing function including with the Admissions team and work to aid in developing customer insights and innovations.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- To assist management in all areas of running the Serengeti Gift Shop, The Kiosk and the Scoop Ice-cream Unit including back-office admin, rostering and training staff, efficient stock ordering and shop displays.
- Effectively deal with all aspects of supervising and managing the retail team.
- Assisting with analysis to make recommendations to management to support commercial decisions.
- Clear and effective communications with team, senior management, and suppliers.
- Visual Merchandising of the store.
- Key holder responsibility.
- To actively promote Fota Wildlife Park’s commitment of high standards of service, ethical purchasing, and promotion of sustainability in the product choice and POS displays.
- To drive sales ensuring targets and KPI’s are achieved such as KPI’s such as Stock loss, Health and Safety compliance and Mystery Shopper result.
- To provide excellent customer service and act as a great role model for staff.
- Have a minimum of three years retail Supervisory/Management experience in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A keen eye for detail and strong merchandising skills.
- Experience in stock management and Epos systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the natural ability to motivate.
- Be an excellent communicator .
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages and a working knowledge of retail computerised management and control systems.
Apply with CV and cover letter by completing the below form before the 5th of December 2021.
Fota Wildlife Park is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for team members who share that same values.
For details on any other vacancies please see our Jobs page
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURES
DO YOU HAVE A FOTA ADVENTURE TO SHARE?
Keep up to date on the latest news and happenings from Fota Wildlife Park. Tag your social media photos with #FotaWildlife to share!