Job Vacancy at Fota Wildlife Park – Warden
Fota Wildlife Park, part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Cork City and has an annual attendance of 440,000 visitors
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education, research and entertainment have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 5 years upgrading its infrastructure and is currently near completion of an additional 27 acres development that focuses on Asian animals and plants.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Warden
The Warden will be required to work in a team environment supporting the Lead Warden to ensure that day to day animal husbandry is carried out effectively and in a timely manner using the agreed standard operating procedures.
Duties will include the following:
• Carry out day to day animal husbandry duties using agreed standard operating procedures.
• Work effectively within the yard team and with Management and Staff at Fota Wildlife Park
• Be able to deputise for the Lead Warden when required.
To be considered for this post the following Qualifications and Experience are essential
• Be qualified in an appropriate captive wild animal husbandry, biological or conservation discipline.
• Have a wide range of work experience (minimum of five years) in wild animal husbandry in a Zoological Park setting.
It is also essential that candidates are able to demonstrate the following personal competencies
• Ability to work effectively in a team and take responsibility for a section when required
• Be able to work effectively and with minimum supervision and within time lines
• Demonstrate strong customer engagement and interpersonal skills
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
• Experience working in a team setting and taking responsibility when required
• Experience working with large herbivores, felids and primates.
• 39 hour week with alternative weekend work as per rota
• Salary package is in the region of €37,000 per annum
Completed applications forms (available below) should be completed before 5:00pm on Friday 22nd July 2016
Please note canvassing in any form will lead to immediate disqualification. Any enquiries regarding this post should be strictly addressed to [email protected] We do not require the services of agencies to fill this post.