20th October 2020 – Update from Fota Wildlife Park in response to a nationwide move to Level 5
In an ongoing effort to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 Fota Wildlife Park is requesting all visitors to strictly follow the guidelines regarding travel limits (within 5K only) and to follow Fota Wildlife Park’s current opening procedures below.
- Pre-booked online tickets only with allocated timeslots to control capacity (only available online here).
- Follow the one-way route at all times.
- Food and beverages will be on a takeaway basis from one site only.
- The Fota Wildlife Park gift shop will remain closed until further notice.
- Visitors are not to dwell longer than 3 hours inside the park.
- We are not running feeding times, wildlife talks, playgrounds and tour train as a further measure to optimise social distancing.
- All indoor areas are closed to visitors, incl. Tropical House and Madagascan Village.
- Additional hand sanitisers have been added throughout the Park.
- All visitors must practice the public health recommended self-care and social distancing advice including following the latest guidelines on social gatherings outdoors. Visiting family groups can be up to 6 people from the same household only and are not to meet with other family groups in the park.
- If you have a booking to visit and live outside of the 5KM travel limit, we advise that you re-book an alternative date – please call our team at 021 481 2678 for assistance.
Fota Wildlife Park has been running at a reduced capacity since reopening, but we will be significantly reducing our allowed entry to less than 10% capacity for Level 5. Visiting the park is strictly pre-booking only and visitors are not to dwell in the park longer than 3 hours.