UPDATED April 2021: As part of our commitment to the continued well-being of our visitors, team members and the animals in our care, and in ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during and before your visit.
Time slots/prebooking -all visitors must book a time slot in advance, this is to minimise queues at the gates and also inside the Park at any one time. Prebooking is currently only available max seven days in advance of visiting.
FOR ALL VISITS. Tickets must be purchased when booking your time slot. Please click here to reserve your time slot.
Last entry is 4.00 – 4.30 pm for general admission and 4.30 – 5.00 pm is strictly for annual pass holders only. Please note that the Park gates close at 6.00 pm. Please note that the maximum number of people for a booking is 6 people from the same household–please abide by the current Government guidelines regarding gatherings outdoors at all times once you have arrived at Fota Wildlife Park.
ALL members/ annual pass holders/ visitors must book in advance before arriving at the gates in order to gain entry
Purchasing an annual pass/membership? Please do so in advance of your visit. CLICK HERE.
Please have your annual pass/membership card with you and up to date – you can renew online now. CLICK HERE.
Any Annual Pass holders who wish to apply for an extension for any lost time during our temporary closure for full details and to apply for this please fill out the form on our Covid related FAQ page.
Please note – if you choose to park your car at Fota, this means that your visit to Fota House’s grounds, frame yard garden, walled gardens and arboretum are also included in the €3 car park charge and monies raised from this charge go towards the upkeep of Fota House and Gardens. The Irish Heritage Trust, who own Fota House and Gardens is a charitable status organisation like the Wildlife Park. Recent upgrades to this system means you can now pay by card, with tap fuction available, as an alternative to coins at the exit.
Opening hours are 9.30am to 6pm. Last entry 4.30 pm (and 5pm for annual pass holders). Please ALWAYS adhere to the government guidelines on travel limitations/restrictions when considering your visit to Fota Wildife Park
- Online timed booking required for all guests, to ensure safe and comfortable capacity and limited contact admissions. Please select a date and time slot for all the members of your party. Please arrive at the time/date stated. Please use cards and not cash if possible.
- We are promoting a one-way experience that reinforces social distancing guidelines at all locations where it is feasible. (watch video below)
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting throughout the park.
Based on current government and HSE guidelines, the limited indoor venues will remain closed, including the Tropical House and Madagascan Village.
- Serengeti Gift Shop has reopened. Please wear a face-mask on entry.
- High frequency touchpoints in the Park including the playgrounds and tour train will also be closed.
- In-park feedings, wildlife talks, face-painting and arts and craft are suspended until further notice.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers are placed at key points throughout the Park. Additional signage to promote hand washing and best hygiene practices has been posted throughout the park.
- Additional training and PPE have been provided for all Fota employees.
What can you do to help Fota Wildlife Park promote a healthy environment?
We are doing all we can to promote a healthy environment, and in doing so, we also rely on you to keep recommended self-care in mind for your safety and the safety of others. Throughout your experience, please be mindful of current Government and HSE guidelines and public health recommendations.
- If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Help us promote social distancing by remaining at least two meters away from others who are not part of your party and not to shake hands or hug.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow, not into your hand or into the air.
Covid related FAQ page.