Vacancy for an Assistant Supervisor at Fota Wildlife Park
Fota Wildlife Park, part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Cork City and has an annual attendance of 465,000 visitors.
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education, research, and entertainment have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 8 years, upgrading its infrastructure and developing 27 acres of additional land that focuses on Asian animals including Sumatran tiger, Indian rhino, and Asiatic lions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to support and assist the Gates Supervisor in leading the Gates team.
This is a full-time permanent role.
- Assist the Gates Supervisor in managing all the Gates/Admissions/Box office functions in accordance with policy, procedure, marketing strategy and general good practice
- Ensure that the Gates team delivers the highest possible standard of customer service
- Support all aspects of the Gates staff team, including recruitment, training, rostering, and development.
- To co-ordinate the set-up of all tickets and products for sale at the Gates
- Daily reconciliation of admission sales (cashing up/balancing tills), processing, logging, and organising annual pass and gift card sales
- Proficiency in Fota Wildlife Park’s Microsoft based retail EPOS
- Liaising with the Finance Department to ensure exact and accurate financial settlements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Gates/Admissions or Box Office role or similar customer-facing supervisory role is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellence in customer service and to building good relationships with the customers, Gates team, and other key stakeholders
- Front line supervision, delegation, and team management skills and with an ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent IT Skills with proven ability in managing complex systems – Essential
- Availability at weekends will be required in this visitor-facing role.
Please apply via the form below including your CV.
Fota Wildlife Park is an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for team members who share those same values.